When it comes to sleeping, comfort is usually the name of the game. But what if you could have both comfort and style?
Indoor hammock beds are a great way to do just that. They’re designed to be super cosy but also look good enough that they don’t take away from your decor.
Why use indoor hammock beds?
Hammock sleeping beds are great for enhancing your alone time or get-togethers with friends and family, and they can be your go-to spot to relax and unwind.
Different types of Hammock sleeping beds
There are many ways to get an indoor hammock bed that suits you. Some hammock sleeping beds are designed for the bedroom, and some for the living room or elsewhere, so you can choose accordingly.
If you want, many different types of stands are also available to make it easy for you to hang up your hammock bed.
The most common category of hammocks is the bedroom hammock, which can be used as a bed alternative (replacing your big bed in your bedroom brings a new style and takes way less space).
A bedroom hammock is a great way to change how you sleep, create a fresh start and build a stylish bedroom where you would love to relax and sleep every day.
There are several bedroom hammock ideas that you could either make or decorate on your own or buy online from stores like Amazon.
Can hammocks be used as a replacement for a bed?
The short answer is yes! An indoor Hammock can be an excellent replacement for a bed and can make a great alternative when looking for a place to sleep.
Of course, the replacement of your bed might be a challenging process. The first days can be difficult, and you might feel that a bed and a mattress are better. But, after a couple of days, you will see the pros of a hammock bed because –
- The flexible shape it can take and the space efficiency that a bed like this can bring to your house are unmatchable.
- An indoor hammock bed costs considerably lower compared to a standard bed with a mattress.
Best Indoor Hammock Beds (Our Picks)
If you’re looking for a comfortable place to lay your head, look no further than this Sorbus® Hammock Bed with Stand (ideal for a bedroom).
- It comes with a deluxe pillow and storage pockets to keep you cosy while you sleep, so you can relax and enjoy without worrying about how uncomfortable your bed is!
- This indoor Hammock also has a heavy-duty steel frame that supports up to 500 pounds.
- It’s great for patios, decks, yards—anywhere you could use an extra seating space!
- And it’s perfect as camping furniture when you spend time in nature.
Pros & Cons
|It has three sturdy ropes that you can adjust according to height and weight, making it perfect for kids, teens, adults, and seniors.||It takes time to dry as the hammock material holds onto water.|
|The stand also includes storage pockets for phones and tablets.||The colour of the pillow and Hammock might be disappointing to some.|
You don’t have to be a beach bum to enjoy this Hammock. If you want to get a hammock within an agreeable range, this is the one for you!
- You can easily set it up in your backyard, porch, or even indoors when you’re at home.
- It comes with two tree straps that are durable and strong enough to hold up to 475 lbs in total weight!
- This Hammock is super comfortable and soft.
- It’s made of breathable cotton fabric that is non-allergenic, so it won’t irritate your skin or cause any allergic reactions.
Pros & Cons
|This Brazilian double Hammock comes with a portable carrying bag, so you can conveniently take your Hammock anywhere.||This Hammock can only hold one person.|
|Its premium stitching ensures that small children and pets won’t fall through it.||Although the material is sturdy, you might get rug burn.|
The Hammock has an eye-catching double design that allows you to lie back and relax comfortably. It also has a unique fringe around the edges that adds extra style and elegance to this beautiful piece of furniture.
This Hammock will be a great addition to your bedroom.
- The Hammock comes with a carry bag, so you can easily transport it from place to place without damaging it or worrying about where you will store it when not in use.
- If you’re looking for a broader and longer hammock, this is the one for you!
- This Hammock measures 126 inches in total length (from loop to loop) and is 95 inches long by 60 inches wide.
- It’s made from 80% cotton and 20% polyester and won’t rip under pressure.
Pros & Cons
|It can accommodate up to two people at once.||The design is relatively simple, with no unique, eye-catching features.|
|The design features a traditionally handmade macrame rope and fringes in white colour.||The suspension chords run a risk of snapping.|
|It also has several suspension cords to make it easy to hang up in any area of your home or yard.|
|It has an extensive warranty policy that covers anything that might go wrong with this product. So you can rest assured knowing that the company got your back.|
This premium indoor hammock bed (or chair) can be used for long working hours while using a laptop or making phone calls.
- It contains a neck pillow that can provide great comfort while sleeping or relaxing.
- Οnly in one of the sides of the Hammock, there is a rope that supports the whole Hammock while there is no fear of falling due to its ergonomic construction.
- It comes with footrest support, two cushions and one cervical pillow.
Pros & Cons
|Very comfortable to use and perfect for relaxation.||This product can be complex to assemble.|
|Extraordinary at its price point.||Customers also complain about the smell of the product.|
|This product is child and pet friendly.|
It does not matter if you want to go camping or wish to chill at home; this versatile hammock is for both indoor and outdoor use.
- This hammock is relatively lightweight, weighing only 24oz and folds to the size of your hand. So it’s easier to carry around.
- It is built with 210-thread-resistant nylon, making it last longer than others.
- It comes with triple interlocking stitching, strong carabiners and tree-friendly hammock straps.
- It is water-resistant and comes with a storage bag.
- You can also adjust its size according to your preference.
Pros & Cons
|Easy to set up.||Poor quality carabiners.|
|Fourteen colours to choose from.||Subpar straps.|
|Available in multiple sizes.|
1. Does Sleeping in a Hammock Have Any Health Benefits or Side Effects?
Recent research shows that napping or sleeping in a hammock is safe, with no adverse health effects.
If you have neck or back pain issues, you should talk to your doctor, who will advise you on what to do according to your health history or problems.
- New researches mention that you might do better if you replace your typical bed with an indoor hammock.
- Swiss researchers conclude that in a Hammock, you can fall asleep quicker than in a bed.
- It is also possible to have a deeper sleep here than on a standard bed in your bedroom. This is mainly due to the swinging motion of the Hammock (which is effective in making babies and toddlers sleep better).
2. What is so special about indoor hammock beds?
- People who have trouble getting up from the floor find these beds particularly useful. It is a great way to relax and stretch your muscles if you face such problems.
- Even if you don’t have outdoor space for a traditional hammock, it’s okay. Indoor hammock beds deliver the same benefits of sleeping in a hammock without worrying about climbing trees or finding a spot in the yard.
- These hammock beds are usually made from cotton or nylon, making them soft and comfortable. You can also choose from different sizes and styles.
- Indoor hammock beds have many benefits over traditional sleeping beds. They are more comfortable than regular mattresses because they provide more support for your body and help relieve back pain.
- They also help you relax better at night by reducing stress levels, making it easier for you to fall asleep quickly and stay asleep longer.
3. How do you sleep in a hammock indoors?
- Use one or more pillows to support your neck and back.
- Lie diagonally.
- Use a blanket if you need it.
4. Is it safe to hang a hammock indoors?
Yes, you can hang a hammock indoors. Hammocks are not exclusively for outdoors, and you can use them almost anywhere.
Just exercise caution while setting it up.
5. Is sleeping in a hammock OK?
It is absolutely fine to sleep in a hammock. Moreover, many recommend sleeping in a hammock to get better sleep.
As you can see, there are many ways to get an indoor hammock bed that suits you.
With a hammock, you can simultaneously improve your sleeping habits and get a refreshing replacement for your existing bed. So why wait? Go ahead and give a stylish look to your bedroom with these great hammocks.
Try out some of the options we’ve listed here, and let us know what you think in the comments below!