Checking if aerial silks for beginners is a good decision? Aerial silks, also known as tissu or fabric, is a type of aerial acrobatics in which performers use long pieces of fabric to execute a variety of maneuvers and poses while suspended in the air. Aerial silks can be challenging for beginners, but with dedication and practice, anyone can learn the basic techniques and tricks.
In this post we share more details on you aerial silks for beginners can become a challenge, what you can do to start preparing and the pros and cons of selecting aerial silks as a beginner.
How can you started with aerial silks?
Here are some tips for getting started with aerial silks:
- Find a reputable studio or instructor: It’s important to find a trained and experienced instructor who can provide guidance and support as you learn aerial silks. Look for a studio or instructor that has a good reputation and can offer a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Start with the basics: Begin by learning how to climb the fabric and get comfortable being suspended in the air. Practice basic poses and transitions, such as the single-leg lock, seat, and straddle. You can find more details about those by checking youtube videos (Check as an example a single-leg lock)
- Build strength and flexibility: Aerial silks require a certain level of strength and flexibility to execute more advanced moves. Incorporate strength training and flexibility exercises into your practice to build the necessary muscles and improve your range of motion.
- Practice consistently: Like any physical activity, the more you practice, the better you’ll become. Aim to practice at least a few times a week to build up your skills and endurance. It will also help you become fit and be able as a beginner to see progress faster (which helps a lot since aerial silks can be very difficult and motivation is very important)
- Stay safe: Always follow proper safety guidelines and use caution when practicing aerial silks. Make sure the fabric is properly secured and use a crash mat or other protective equipment as needed. Aerial silks for beginners might be a difficult hobby or exercise so always ensure that you have an instructor or a friend helping you.
- Relax and stretch: Using a neck hammock or stretching bands or even a ball can be really helpful after the workout. It will help you relax your body and your muscles, and become flexible while it will help you relax after a demanding session (especially for the first workout sessions of aerial silks for beginners)
Remember to have fun and be patient with yourself as you learn. Aerial silks can be a rewarding and challenging activity, and with practice and dedication, you’ll be able to progress and achieve your goals.
Do you need to be in a perfect physical performance to get started with aerial silks as a beginner?
While it is not necessary to be in peak physical condition to start practicing aerial silks, it is helpful to have some level of strength and flexibility in order to perform the movements required. As with any new physical activity, it is important to start slowly and gradually build up your strength and endurance. If you are concerned about your physical fitness, it may be a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new exercise program. It is also important to listen to your body and take breaks as needed to avoid overexertion or injury.
aerial silks for beginners: Pros and Cons
There is a lot of discussion whether aerial silks is a good option beginners, since as explained earlier in the post it is a specific aerial acrobatics exercise that is demanding and needs a lot of flexibility and stretching skills. Let’s see specifically some of the pros an cons of why (or not) selecting aerial silks as a beginner:
- It is a great way to combine workout with dance and body movement
- It is a great form of workout since you are using only the weight of your body
- It helps flex your body and feel energized
- It requires a lightweight and flexible body and thus if you don’t workout properly injuries might be observed
- It is not easy for beginners and requires a lot of
- The learning curve might be high, since it might require a lot of weeks/months before you can grasp the basics
What kind equipment do you need for aerial silks as a beginner?
Most of the the times you don’t need any crazy equipment as aerial silks for beginners requires only a standard kit that can be bought online. Let’s check below some great kits that you can use to start
SAIVEN 10m Aerial Silks Equipment – Premium Yoga Swing Set, Aerial Yoga Hammock kit, Yoga Starter Kit, Aerial Dance Equipment(L: 10m x W: 2.8m)
Active Silk Aerial Yoga Hammock 5.5 Yards Premium Aerial Silk Fabric Yoga Swing for Antigravity Yoga Inversion Include Daisy Chain Carabiner and Pose Guide